Children's Water Education Council
c/o Waterloo Region Museum
10 Huron Rd.,
Kitchener, ON N2P 2R7
Festival Activity Centres
Children will discover how much of their body mass is made up of water. Using a teeter-totter and 1 litre water bottles, or scales, they will be able to calculate the amount of water in their bodies.
Mathematics, Grade 3 (Measurement)
- estimate, measure, and record length, perimeter, area, mass, capacity, time, and temperature, using standard units;
Mathematics, Grade 4 (Measurement)
- estimate, measure, and record length, perimeter, area, mass, capacity, volume, and elapsed time, using a variety of strategies;
- determine the relationships among units and measurable attributes, including the area and perimeter of rectangles.
Life Systems, Grade 5 (Human Organ Systems)
Organ systems are components of a larger system (the body) and as such, work together and affect one another.Choices we make affect our organ systems and in turn, our overall health.
- analyse the impact of human activities and technological innovations on human health;
- demonstrate an understanding of the structure and function of human body systems and interactions within and between systems.