Festival Activity Centres
Students will learn about different types of roofs. A typical roof with 'shingles' and a 'green roof'. Students will determine which roof is better for the environment and how they are constructed.
Life Systems, Grade 4 (Habitats and Communities)
Society relies on plants and animals
- analyse the effects of human activities on habitats and communities;
- investigate the interdependence of plants and animals within specific habitats and communities;
- demonstrate an understanding of habitats and communities and the relationship among the plants and animals that live in them
Earth and Space Systems, Grade 5 (Conservation of Energy and Resources)
Energy sources are either renewable or non-renewable.
Energy can neither be created nor destroyed, but it can be transformed.
Choices about using energy and resources have both immediate and long-term impacts.
Conservation (reducing our use of energy and resources) is one way of reducing the impacts of using energy and resources.
- analyse the immediate and long-term effects of energy and resources use on society and the environment, and evaluate options for conserving energy and resources;
- investigate energy transformation and conservation;
- demonstrate an understanding of the various forms and sources of energy and the ways in which energy can be transformed and conserved.