Festival Activity Centres
Wells sometimes dry up or are just not used any longer, but when you leave them unprotected our groundwater is at risk
Earth and Space Systems, Grade 4 (Rocks and Minerals)
Rocks and minerals have unique characteristics and properties that are a result of how they were formed.
The properties of rocks and minerals determine society’s possible uses for them.
Our use of rocks and minerals affects the environment.
- assess the social and environmental impacts of human uses of rocks and minerals;
- investigate, test, and compare the physical properties of rocks and minerals;
- demonstrate an understanding of the physical properties of rocks and minerals.
Matter and Energy, Grade 2 (Properties of Liquids and Solids)
Materials that exist as liquids and solids have specific properties.
Liquids and solids interact in different ways
Some liquids and solids can be harmful to us and the environment.
- assess ways in which the uses of liquids and solids can have an impact on society and the environment;
- investigate the properties of and interactions among liquids and solids;
- demonstrate an understanding of the properties of liquids and solid.