Festival Activity Centres
Rolling To The River
Donning velcro vests, students imagine themselves as water droplets rolling through the watershed. See what gets stuck to water on its travels. Work backwards as a detective to find out where the different materials would be found in a real watershed.
Life Systems, Grade 4 (Habitats and Communities)
Plants and animals are interdependent and are adapted to meet their needs from the resources available in their particular habitats.
Changes to habitats (whether by nature or human means) can affect plants and animals and the relationship between them.
Society relies on plants and animals
- analyse the effects of human activities on habitats and communities;
- investigate the interdependence of plants and animals within specific habitats and communities;
- demonstrate an understanding of habitats and communities and the relationship among the plants and animals that live in them
Earth and Space Systems, Grade 2 (Air and Water in the Environment)
Air and water are a major part of the environment.
Living things need air and water to survive.
Changes to air and water affect living things and the environment.
Our actions affect the quality of air and water, and its ability to sustain life.
- assess ways in which the actions of humans have an impact on the quality of air and water, and ways in which the quality of air and water has an impact on living things;
- investigate the characteristics of air and water and the visible/ invisible effects of and changes to air and/or water in the environment;