Festival Activity Centres
Create a water cycle as it occurs in nature! Watch water evaporate from ocean surf; fog, clouds and rain formation; and river and melting snow processes - all in front of your eyes. See how the water cycle impacts on our daily lives.
Earth and Space Systems, Grade 2 (Air and Water in the Environment)
Air and water are a major part of the environment.
Living things need air and water to survive.
Changes to air and water affect living things and the environment.
Our actions affect the quality of air and water, and its ability to sustain life.
2.4 investigate the stages of the water cycle, including evaporation, condensation, precipitation and collection.
- assess ways in which the actions of humans have an impact on the quality of air and water, and ways in which the quality of air and water has an impact on living things;
- investigate the characteristics of air and water and the visible/ invisible effects of and changes to air and/or water in the environment;
- demonstrate an understanding of the ways in which air and water are used by living things to help them meet their basic needs.
Matter and Energy, Grade 5 (Properties of and Changes in Matter)
There are three states of matter.
Matter that changes state is still the same matter.
Physical change refers to the fact that a substance can be changed from one form to another.
The properties of materials determine their use and may have an effect on society and the environment.
- conduct investigations that explore the properties of matter and changes in matter;
- demonstrate an understanding of the properties of matter, changes of state, and physical and chemical change.