Festival Activity Centres
Living on a Layer Cake
How is the earth formed beneath our feet? Students will participate in interactive demonstration to identify the various layers of earth formed through time. They will learn a new 'Rock Song'.
Earth and Space Systems, Grade 3 (Soil in the Environment)
Soil is made up of living and non-living things.
The composition, characteristics, and condition of soil determine its capacity to sustain life.
- investigate the composition and characteristics of different soils;
- demonstrate an understanding of the composition of soils, the types of soils, and the relationship between soils and other living things.
Earth and Space Systems, Grade 4 (Rocks and Minerals)
Rocks and minerals have unique characteristics and properties that are a result of how they were formed.
The properties of rocks and minerals determine society’s possible uses for them.
Our use of rocks and minerals affects the environment.
- assess the social and environmental impacts of human uses of rocks and minerals;
- investigate, test, and compare the physical properties of rocks and minerals;
- demonstrate an understanding of the physical properties of rocks and minerals.