Matter and Energy, Grade 2 (Properties of Liquids and Solids)
Materials that exist as liquids and solids have specific properties. Liquids and solids interact in different waysSome liquids and solids can be harmful to us and the environment.
1. assess ways in which the uses of liquids and solids can have an impact on society and the environment;
2. investigate the properties of and interactions among liquids and solids;
3. demonstrate an understanding of the properties of liquids and solid.
Life Systems, Grade 4 (Habitats and Communities)
Plants and animals are interdependent and are adapted to meet their needs from the resources available in their particular habitats. Changes to habitats (whether by nature or human means) can affect plants and animals and the relationship between them. Society relies on plants and animals.
1. analyse the effects of human activities on habitats and communities;
2. investigate the interdependence of plants and animals within specific habitats and communities;
3. demonstrate an understanding of habitats and communities and the relationship among the plants and animals that live in them